15 JUNE 2022 // Washington, DC
We were recently informed of a Congressional schedule change that will directly impact the upcoming 2022 SOF Imperatives Forum scheduled for June 15th. The Senate’s markup of the National Defense Authorization Act will now occur on the same day. And the House Appropriations Committee also announced a window for its markup at the same time.
The Global SOF Foundation works diligently to ensure our events are meaningful and achieve the maximum benefit for the SOF community. Since these Congressional events will preclude Congressional staff attendance, we have decided to cancel the 2022 rendition of the SOF Imperatives Forum. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes.
We anticipate that the next SOF Imperatives Forum will occur in February 2023.
NOTE: We will still hold a Partner-Only Huddle in DC on June 15th. Details available here.
This event is now cancelled. However, the planned agenda is below for reference for future Imperatives events.
0930 – 0935: Welcome Remarks – Mr. Peter Bergen, Chairperson of the Board, Global SOF Foundation (Confirmed)
0935 – 0955: Keynote Speaker – Hon. Christopher Maier, Assistant Secretary of Defense for Special Operations and Low Intensity Conflict (Confirmed)
1000 – 1045: Senior Leader Conversation
- Moderator: Mr. Peter Bergen (Confirmed)
- Sen. Joni Ernst (Confirmed)
1045 – 1115: Networking Break
1115 – 1130: Keynote Speaker – Mr. Oleksandr “Sasha” Danylyuk, Ukraine (Confirmed)
1130 – 1200: Senior Leader Conversation “SOF Veterans Programs”
- Moderator: Ms. Meaghan Keeler-Pettigrew, Chief Operating Officer, Global SOF Foundation (Confirmed)
- Representative Anthony Brown (MD – 4), Member, House Committee on Veterans Affairs (Invited)
- Representative Nancy Mace (SC – 1), Member, House Committee on Veterans Affairs (Tentative)
1200 – 1300: Networking Lunch
1300 – 1315: Keynote Speech – Senator Mark Kelly (Invited)
1315 – 1330: Presentation by “Honor the Promise” – Ms. Lyla Kohistany (Confirmed)
1330 – 1415: Panel Discussion: “The State of the Force”
- Moderator: Representative from Norwich University (Confirmed)
- Force Master Chief Bill King, Naval Special Warfare Command (Tentative)
- Master Gunnery Sergeant Randall Small, Incoming Command SOF Senior Enlisted Advisor, U.S. Marine Forces Special Operations Command (Tentative)
- Chief Master Sergeant Cory M. Olson, U.S. Air Force Special Operations Command (Confirmed)
- Command Sergeant Major Michael R. Weimer, U.S. Army Special Operations Command (Invited)
1420 – 1445: Keynote Speech – Her Excellency Oksana Markarova, Ambassador of Ukraine to the U.S. (Invited)
1445 – 1500: Networking Break
1500 – 1545: Panel Discussion: “Indications and Early Warning Support to US National Security and Partners”
- Moderator: Mr. Tony Frazier, Maxar Technologies (Tentative)
- Major General Michelle A. Schmidt, Director for Operations, Defense Intelligence Agency (Invited)
- Ms. Mara Motherway, Senior Vice President Government and Customer Relations, Peraton (Tentative)
- Mr. Neill Tipton, Director for Defense Intelligence, Collection and Special Programs, Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Intelligence (Tentative)
1545 – 1600: Closing Remarks – Representative Ruben Gallego (Confirmed)
1600 – 1730: Networking Reception
Interested in Sponsoring? See Page 5 of the Prospectus below, and contact Kate Geercken for details.