15 JUNE 2022 // Washington, DC
The in-person 2022 Global SOF Imperatives Forum will take place on 15 JUNE 2022. Due to the recent surge in COVID19 cases and subsequent restrictions on travel and venues, it was pushed from our original dates in FEB 2022.
It will convene senior U.S. government and military leaders, national security policy professionals, leading academics, and industry executives.
Attendees can participate in interactive discussions about the unconventional threats facing SOF and how the U.S. military and government should respond.
The agenda will be informed by the Global SOF Foundation’s annual SOF Imperatives publication, a platform document reflecting the critical issues facing U.S. SOF.
REGISTRATION IS OPEN
Click the button below to learn more information and register via the Global SOF Foundation website!
Tuesday, 14 JUNE 2022
Agenda: VIP & Sponsor Session & Reception
Attendee Eligibility: These events are only open to event Sponsors and invited VIPs. Details will be sent via separate correspondence to qualified attendees.
Wednesday, 15 JUNE 2022
Top of The Hill Banquet and Conference Center
1 Constitution Ave NE, Washington, DC 20002
All individuals who register for the Forum will be invited to attend the event sessions.
0930 – 0935: Welcome Remarks: Mr. Peter Bergen, Chairperson of the Board, Global SOF Foundation (Invited)
0935 – 0955: Keynote Speaker: Hon. Christopher Maier, Assistant Secretary of Defense for Special Operations and Low Intensity Conflict (Invited)
1000 – 1045: Senior Leader Conversation
- Moderator: Mr. Peter Bergen (Invited)
- LTG Jonathan Braga, Commanding General, U.S. Army Special Operations Command (Invited)
1045 – 1115: Break
1115 – 1200: Senior Leader Conversation “SOF Veterans Programs”
- Moderator: Ms. Meaghan Keeler-Pettigrew, Chief Operating Officer, Global SOF Foundation (Invited)
- Representative Anthony Brown (MD - 4), Member, House Committee on Veterans Affairs (Invited)
- Representative Nancy Mace (SC - 1), Member, House Committee on Veterans Affairs (Invited)
1200 – 1300: Break
1300 – 1325: Keynote Speech: Senator Tammy Duckworth, Member, U.S. Senate Armed Services Committee (Invited)
1330 – 1415: Panel Discussion: “The State of the Force”
- Moderator: TBD
- Gunnery Sergeant Shawn A. Disbennett, U.S. Marine Forces Special Operations Command (Invited)
- Master Chief (SOCM) Bill King, U.S. Naval Special Warfare Command (Invited)
- Chief Master Sergeant Cory M. Olson, U.S. Air Force Special Operations Command (Invited)
- Command Sergeant Major Michael R. Weimer, U.S. Army Special Operations Command (Invited)
1420 – 1445: Keynote Speech: Senator Marco Rubio, Member, U.S. Senate Foreign Relations Committee (Invited)
1445 – 1500: Break
1500 – 1545: Panel Discussion: “Indications and Early Warning Support to US National Security and Partners”
- Moderator: Mr. Tony Frazier, Maxar Technologies (Invited)
- Major General Michelle A. Schmidt, Director for Operations, Defense Intelligence Agency (Invited)
- Mr. Stu Shea, CEO, Peraton (Invited)
- Mr. Neill Tipton, Director for Defense Intelligence, Collection and Special Programs, Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Intelligence (Invited)
1545 – 1600: Closing Remarks: Lt Gen (Ret) Tom Trask, Chairperson of the Advisory Council, Global SOF Foundation (Invited)
1600 – 1730: Networking Reception